Our request for funding has been submitted and one of the conditions for approval is the need to prove we are undeserved. The definition of undeserved includes internet download and upload speeds, the latency (Ping), the cost we pay for that service, and the attainment of promised internet speeds.
We are asking you to help us again to get a snap shot of our collective measurement of our internet service. The results will be duly posted on our website smartnow.ca.
The test will take about three minutes. Before you take the test please have your monthly Internet cost and your promised download speeds.
If you use multiple service providers do this speed test with each one of them at least once. This test can be repeated as many time as you wish with all of your service providers.
The test will take about three minutes. Before you take the test please have ready:
- Your average monthly Internet cost?
- Your average monthly number of Gigabyte usage?
- What is the maximum gigabyte limit set by your ISP?
- What is the cost to you when you reach the maximum gigabyte limit?
- What was your promised download speeds?
Thanks for helping in our funding request!
2. Move the map by click on it and dragging until you find the white dot north of Georgian Bay. Hover over the white dot and will give you the name of the server. You are looking for the “Greater Sudbury, ON” server…
3. Click the white dot ( “Greater Sudbury, ON”) and the speed test will begin. It is important that all participants use this same server. Please only do the test from your West Parry Sound Area residence.
4. You will then see a “speedometer”, and it will begin to test your DOWNLOAD speed, UPLOAD speed and measure your PING rate. This may take a minute…
5. Once complete, you should see 3 values. We need you to enter this information into the web form located at the bottom of this page. We also need the Internet Service Provider, instructions are below.
Our example hopefully will help you find what we are looking for….
PING (eg. 12ms) , DOWNLOAD SPEED (eg. 18.81Mbps), UPLOAD SPEED (eg. 19.06Mbps)
The Internet Service Provider can be found at the bottom left.. (eg. “Greater Sudbury Telecommunications”)
6. Fill in the form below, and don’t forget to hit submit. Thanks